Internal Audit Assistant
VIRL is looking for an Internal Audit Assistant to join the team in the Audit department of the organisation. Please may all interested candidates send your CV (2 pages maximum) and a 1 page cover letter to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org .
The deadline for submission is Friday 12th May 2017.
Requirements are as follows
- A first degree in accounting or advanced progress towards attainment of ACCA qualification
- 1 year experience of working in an audit environment would be an added advantage
- Excellent technical audit and accounting skills, including analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively at all levels
- Ability to present adequate working papers to enable the Internal Audit Manager to assess work done and matters to be reported
- Act in a professional and ethical manner at all times including observing the confidential nature of Internal Audit’s work
- A positive and flexible can do attitude and self-starting ability with the aptitude to take ownership of projects as required and see them through to completion
- Highly organised with strong organisation and planning skills, ability to prioritise tasks and deliver assigned audits in line with the audit plan
- Good time management, honesty, reliability and dependability.
The duties include but are not limited to the following;
- Delivery from planning to completion of the programme of work set out by the Internal Audit Manager as part of the continuous auditing element of the Internal Audit Plan.
- Updating the status of the previous internal and external findings on a quarterly basis, auditing resolved issues and preparing the quarterly status report for review by the Internal Audit Manager
- Conducting other audit work as directed by the Internal Audit Manager in line with the Internal Audit Plan
- Presentation of clear, concise and timely working papers for review by the Internal Audit Manager
- The timely delivery of professional written draft reports and practical value added recommendations on issues arising during audit work
- Drive a policy of best practice with a focus on continuous improvement and awareness across the organisation with respect to internal control and risk.
- Develop and maintain productive business relationships across the organisation
- Develop professional capability through on the job, internal and external training
- Perform special audit-related projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned